Is a small village of 350 inhabitants in the department of Aude, area of Languedoc-Roussillon. It is 3 km from Belveze-du-Razes the largest village around, within walking or biking distance.
Since 1999 there is a rise in population.
As convenience factors we have nearby :
- A kindergarden and elementary school
- A School bus to the high school in Limoux 15 minutes away
- A post office
- A farmer/baker who grows his own cereals
- A young organic wine maker
- An organic cheese maker who raises its own herd (and black pigs), rewarded on several occasions
- A successful Welsh pub presently closed for health reasons, waiting to be taken over
- An art gallery/boutique "la Forgerie"
- A dental office (January 2017)
- Very active cultural associations galvanized by the inhabitants of Alaigne and a community of English, Belgians, Dutch and Germans citizens.
Also available in Belveze-du-Razes are two doctors, one of them is an homeopath, a pharmacy, a mini-market, a tobacconist, a butcher, a traditional baker, a hardware store, a garden department and two banks.
If you come and visit us you will find lodging and Bed and Breakfast in Alaigne or in the neighbourhood.